Water beads are simple and fun to make and play with. There are so many different crafts you can do with them. They are Non-toxic and biodegradable, although they where meant for flower arrangements they are used for many sensory ideas. Before we played with these we did a "don't" do list and things to not do with water beads. Again even though non toxic they should not be swallowed. My 3 year old was fine though and knew they where play only. You can do many things with water beads like add shaving cream to them, soaked them in glow water and make them glow, add them to a pool and many more!
For all ideas check out my facebook folder with all listed https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.519748308067430.1073741831.439754472733481&type=3