Candle wax ( I normally have pieces left over from old candles)
This is a adult helping craft!(this is not edible no matter how nice it smells lol) but once it is done it is great for play and for testing your sense of smell.
The first thing to do is pour one bottle of glue into a bowl. Then melt a little bit of wax either on the stove or in the microwave. Once melted add it to the glue and mix. Last slowly add in liquid starch and mix till slime forms. It does not take much starch. Once done it should not be hot and should be ready for play. We used a old cupcake candle and when we were done playing we used the candle jar for storage. As long as it is air tight the slime will last for a very long time!
Here is a video showing how I made it~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPjYJMTJXu4