Skip to main content

Duct tape Weighted blanket~

Weighted blankets can be used to calm down and relax in many different ways by covering the whole body for sleep, wrapping around your shoulders or by laying it across your lap or legs only.  Our products can provide relief, comfort and can help supplement sensory disorder therapy treatment for the following: 


I found as a parent with only one income that these helpful blankets are way to expensive to buy. So I set out to find a less expensive way and here is what I came up with! This is our duct tape weighted blanket! Despite it being duct tape it is flexible and not hard as  I thought it would be. 

We used~
3 rolls of duct tape
&
6 small bags of rice

note~it is recommend that the blanket be 10% of the child's body weigh plus one pound. 
First we laid out three strips of tape and lined up the rice bags. Then added two long pieces for the sides and two more for top and bottom. Once done we took big strips and went a crossed, from side to side. Turned it over and did the same to the other side. Once everything is covered we cut any extra off. That simple, though I will admit duct tape is not the easiest to work with at times. If you do want it softer you can place this blanket into a pillow case and make a lap pillow or place it on top of a thin sheet if child is laying down. 
The great thing about this is duct tape comes in so many different patterns now so a child can pick his/her favorite! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black cat hand prints

Elf reminder!

Organizing for summer cheap!

Recently I made my way to my local dollar store(same as Poundland in UK) and I am so happy I did. There was so many bins and buckets in many colors. So here is how I cleaned up my kids summer toys. For small balls, chalk, and bubbles I grabbed 3 small bins as seen above. For water toys I grabbed a big blue bin and I made sure all bins I bought had holes rather they were for wet toys or not. We got small bugs in our storage room and I am hoping the holes would kept bugs from setting up home in the bottom of the bins. Some other ideas we like to use but have not yet are... Trash bin for bigger balls or large shoe rack works too Clothes hamper for pool toys & Mesh bag for sand toys Before we really even got some what organized we use to use crates but I found that with many kids going threw creates to find certain toys it quickly got messy so I really like the idea of having bins for certain toys. I also like that the bins are smaller then the crates we were using so that the smalle…