Skip to main content

magnetic slime

This is one of the best slime recipes ever!
List of things you will need~
iron fillings (easily bought online)
glue
liquid starch
strong magnet

Step 1~ Pour one bottle of glue into a bowl or cup and mix in iron fillings.I used about half a small bottle.

Step 2~ SLOWLY add liquid starch, it is best to start with a small amount and only add more if needed. Otherwise it will come out like rubber. It should still work but I personally like it more following. Mix till slime forms, it is best to mix with hands.

That is it. I also suggest buying new magnets as old ones might not be that strong after sitting.
I found ones like these at my local craft store, we did try kid ones but they were not strong enough.
Adult supervision required, as always :)
Nothing about this craft is edible but it is all really neat!
Note~ This can be turned into a science lesson! Expand this activity and talk all about magnets. 
Video will be up shortly for this activity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black cat hand prints

Elf reminder!

Organizing for summer cheap!

Recently I made my way to my local dollar store(same as Poundland in UK) and I am so happy I did. There was so many bins and buckets in many colors. So here is how I cleaned up my kids summer toys. For small balls, chalk, and bubbles I grabbed 3 small bins as seen above. For water toys I grabbed a big blue bin and I made sure all bins I bought had holes rather they were for wet toys or not. We got small bugs in our storage room and I am hoping the holes would kept bugs from setting up home in the bottom of the bins. Some other ideas we like to use but have not yet are... Trash bin for bigger balls or large shoe rack works too Clothes hamper for pool toys & Mesh bag for sand toys Before we really even got some what organized we use to use crates but I found that with many kids going threw creates to find certain toys it quickly got messy so I really like the idea of having bins for certain toys. I also like that the bins are smaller then the crates we were using so that the smalle…